Senior Software Engineer: Boulder, CO (US applicants only, please)
Boulder, Colorado healthcare startup seeks experienced software engineer to build the core API layer for our telemedicine platform. Hippo Health was founded by a group of Colorado emergency physicians who are working hard to scratch their own itch. Our web and mobile applications help independent physician groups maintain their independence from a rapidly consolidating, impersonal healthcare system while providing doctors and care providers the tools they need to help their patients receive superior and personal care.
The successful candidate will be a hard-working team player who loves solving problems and has a long, demonstrated history of building high-quality software on time and on budget. Excellent written and oral communication skills are critical as is the ability to work with a diverse set of constituents to draw out the core, critical features and to attack those features with a lean, agile, and pragmatic approach.
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience writing web applications, extensive experience with Ruby on Rails, and a commanding knowledge of both Ruby and Rails
- Extensive experience with TDD and automated testing, preferrably in RSpec
- Deep knowledge of algorithms, object-oriented programming and general programming skills
- Architect-level database skills with the ability to hand-craft complex SQL queries and to understand how design and other factors will affect performance
Preferred skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience building software that communicates across multiple external systems in a secure, modular, and scalable fashion
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience deploying web applications to AWS and Heroku, and strong DevOps experience
- Proficiency with Angular and Cordova
- Experience with native iOS and Android application development
- Experience working in a HIPAA environment
- Experience hiring and managing back-end, front-end, and mobile developers
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000, depending on experience
Details: This position calls for full-time employment at our offices in Boulder, Colorado. You must be able to legally work in the United States (sorry, but we are not able to sponsor work visas).
This role provides ample opportunity for growth and potential leadership roles as our company and internal development team grow.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume, short descriptions of your most recent Ruby on Rails experience and any other relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.